Now's a perfect time to enjoy a knitting or crochet class. Are you or someone you know ready to start knitting or crocheting? Are you ready to push your skill to the next step? Most classes meet over 3 consecutive weeks to give you plenty of time to learn and practice your new skills. Check on the website or stop in the shop for more details on:
- Knitting 101--beginning knitting
- Crochet 101--beginning crochet
- Knitting Mittens--beginning knitting in-the-round
- Toe-Up Socks--new or experienced sock knitters
- Stranded Colorwork--also called Fair Isle
- Chunky Lace--a good way to get started with lace
- Holiday stockings--mosaic knitting at its happiest
I'm also leading a workshop on felted, log cabin coasters, Sunday, Oct. 5, 2:00-4:00. The workshop is free with purchase of the $20 kit, which includes the pattern and enough yarn to make a set of 4 coasters. In this 2-hour workshop, we'll learn the long-tail cast-on, picking up stitches, the log-cabin construction technique, and the basics of felting your coasters. The class limit is 10 students, so call ahead to save a place.
Can't make the scheduled classes or have a special fibre technique or project you'd like to learn, let us know what you want, and we'll do our best to arrange private, semi-private, or custom group lessons just for you.